Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
There are many reasons to work with an experienced Social Security Disability attorney as you pursue benefits. Some of the main reasons include:
- Understanding what to expect — Many people file their own initial applications forSocial Security Disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits only to be rejected. A very high percentage of initial claims are rejected. Just because you were rejected does not mean you should give up. Many people can go on to secure disability benefits after being rejected. We can help you.
- Securing medical records — Securing medical records, even your own, can be a challenging process. With more than 30 years of experience, we understand what records to ask for and how to secure them so that we have what the Social Security Administration (SSA) will need to determine your claim as valid.
- Clearly communicating your disability to the SSA — Communicating with the SSA and with the administrative law judges (ALJ) who hear cases can be difficult for those who have no experience doing so. The SSA and ALJs use a very specific vocabulary to describe disabilities. A person can have a perfectly valid claim that is not recognized because it was described in a way that did not fit with the SSA’s descriptions of a disabling condition.
- Helping you stay on course during the process — There are mistakes that people make during the process that can derail their chances of securing the disability benefits they rightly deserve. For example, it is important to maintain health insurance and continue with any course of care your doctor recommends.
- Having someone there to answer your questions — Because of the complexity of the process and how long it takes, people often have many questions throughout the process. By working with an experienced attorney, you can have a resource available to help you understand exactly where your case stands and whether or not action needs to be taken. That certainty can be very comforting over the long run.
More Than 35 Years’ Experience Helping People Secure Social Security Disability Benefits
At Berk Law, attorney Todd M. Berk provides his clients with the skilled and experienced guidance they need to effectively pursue SSD and SSI benefits. His knowledge of how the SSA evaluates claims for disability benefits has been helping people since 1980. OurTestimonials page shares the opinions of some of the people we have helped over the years.
Social Security Disability Lawyer Serving Philadelphia And The Greater Southeastern Pennsylvania Region
We only collect attorneys fees if we secure benefits for you. Our fees are restricted by federal law.